Storesprite.com Shopping Cart Ecommerce Forums  

Go Back   Storesprite.com Shopping Cart Ecommerce Forums > Storesprite Forums > Latest News

Latest News What's new? Find out in here!

Sponsored Links
IMPORTANT NOTICE

We kindly ask that all forum users respect the following:
We would appreciate it if you could be patient. Please help each other and most of all take some time to search for the answer to your question! It is very rare that we get a new question so invariably the answer will be here somewhere! Thank you!

Old 01-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Storesprite has disabled reputation

The js validation? These can be relaxed as they are client side. However the current server side validation remains the same.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Administrator

An update....

I would like to apologise for the delay with issuing this update release.

We have a bit of a quandary at the moment regarding the loyalty point scheme and VAT treatment. HMRC gave us explicit information when this was first introduced and also reiterated this information to us when a customer queried VAT treatment on points recently - they also clarified the same information to the client directly.

We double checked all this stuff the other day when Scottie noticed a bug in the beta of the update release. All still right and good once the bug was righted on our dev version.

Now, a different client has queried the VAT treatment, we inform them not to worry the calculations are correct - check with HMRC and of course being diligent we check ourselves. Only to be told that it ain't right.

So, rather than issue potentially incorrect VAT calculation code in the new update we are now trying to find out definitively (again) which way the VAT should be treated. So that we can either patch the new release and old release or, carry on as we are.

It should be noted that this issue does not affect vendors who are not vat registered. It will be of concern for clients who display a VAT receipt from storesprite and also off loyalty points.

I will endevour to get to the bottom this ASAP, but I need to check back through communications etc as this is not straightforward query.

I'll post back when we have more. IN the meantime we are wrapping things up with the other updates.

Vince
Old 01-21-2011, 12:05 PM

Scottie is on a distinguished road

I concur... that is why I scrapped the points system on all my sites...!!!

(is there an option in admin to 'turn off' points or is it still manual)
Old 01-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Administrator

To be honest it is a nightmare for us because HMRC have contradicted themselves after misinforming us and our clients.

I would perhaps be more apologetic about it if we had simply ignored the issue, but weirdly it was originally coded to deduct the points + the vat that would normally be due on the point value.

Upon checking (before the ORIGINAL release) we were told, in no uncertain terms, that as the shopper had to make purchases to accrue the points, then the vat on the point value had to be accounted for somewhere. Therefore you must charge the normal VAT that is due before the points are redeemed.

Thus we are in this quandary!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:31 PM

Anyone used their nectar card at Sainsbury's lately...???

LOL
Old 01-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Interesting you raise the Nectar scheme, afaik there was a court case last year where HMRC were insistent that the missing VAT needed to be paid (or something to that effect).

Eg. If the customer is paying less than the face value of the goods on account of points then who pays the vat on the discount portion? By redeeming points and then adjusting the vat down to get the sums to work you are also reducing the amount of money that goes in the tax man's pocket.

I am not certain of the finer points of the nectar case, but the administrators of the nectar scheme lost. Obviously the loyalty points scheme on a storesprite store is not as complex - it does not involve third party company redemption.

^^ In reply to your previous query points is a manual affair using the tplate files and {TAGS} - basically to cut down on the php code in the files that web designers have to edit.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:54 AM

Are we ready for a release... I have my server waiting...
Old 01-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Do you fancy testing out the Admin for us? (pop me a pm)

Just installation script to do now after final tidy through. Upgrade script will have to be delayed a little.

Also we are waiting on RealEx payments to ok our integration and the VAT issue is still unresolved. I know this won't bother you as you don't use points.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:15 PM

bulldog5046 is on a distinguished road

Noticed an issue in the current live version with ordering a search not producting an SEO url but it seems to be fixed in the new one.

i did notice that if you view by brand you dont get an SEO url though.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog5046 View Post
Noticed an issue in the current live version with ordering a search not producting an SEO url but it seems to be fixed in the new one.

i did notice that if you view by brand you dont get an SEO url though.
Can you elaborate on this - I am unsure what you mean.

Re: Brands

You can display these as a list of links or dropdown. Dropdown is non seo, if you list (optionally with logos etc) you can have seo....I suspect you could doctor the dropdown to do seo if you wanted to with the current available tags. (view page source of dev install).

Thank you for the feedback though, it is invaluable - the more people who test the less bugs that should get into the wild