Storesprite.com Shopping Cart Ecommerce Forums  

Go Back   Storesprite.com Shopping Cart Ecommerce Forums > Storesprite Forums > Latest News

Latest News What's new? Find out in here!

Sponsored Links
IMPORTANT NOTICE

We kindly ask that all forum users respect the following:
We would appreciate it if you could be patient. Please help each other and most of all take some time to search for the answer to your question! It is very rare that we get a new question so invariably the answer will be here somewhere! Thank you!

Old 08-16-2009, 07:13 PM

extinct is on a distinguished road
Default Orders not going through site

Hi there

I received an e-mail from Paypal to alert me to someone buying something via the site - but the site did not pick this up as and has no record of sale.

Can anyone advise? I don't want this to happen again! Very embrassasing to ask customer what it was they had purchased?

Heather
Old 08-17-2009, 05:41 PM

Blueharvest

It looks like either the paypal callback didnt work when the customer placed the order or that there is a problem with you secure/checkoutforms/paypalform.php, does the form look ok and show the paypal callback url?

Is their a record of the order in your admin?
Old 08-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Storesprite has disabled reputation

This is likely due to a callback issue. You can check though in your paypal account. If you login to paypal, go to:

History > IPN History

You will see the recent calls and their status codes.

hth
Old 08-18-2009, 07:11 PM

Hi there

There is a record of url on paypal - but not in my admin on the storesprite pages - only that they are down as a shopper, but not record of sale was made and had to go in and make item "sold". As it is a one off item someone else may also have been able to buy?

I will set up a similar item and test to see if i can purcahse and if similar happens...

Thanks
Old 08-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Administrator

IN the Paypal IPN HISTORY record, it should give a status code (403,404,200 etc) - this will explain what occurred.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:46 PM

Hi

The status code is 200.

Can you explain what went wrong?
Old 09-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Is that for the failed transaction? If so, it is a little odd as a 200 is an OK.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:36 PM

Yeah it seems to have been picked up ok by Paypal - just didn't register as a sale on my storesprite pages.. after looking again the address shows up "total shoppers" just not in "orders" or "total orders"

The thing that I am most concerned about is that even though the sale went through I had no idea what was bought and the site was not updated to show this item would of been sold out.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Have you received any orders since? If not have you placed any test orders?

This is not a problem we have come across before (when an ok status is reported in paypal and the callback fails).

The Temp order tool is useful for identifying and manually completing failed orders, but you need to do this within a couple of days of the order as the data is purged. All payment service providers are remote and occasionally failed callbacks will occur - this is due to external factors that we cannot control such as: Hosting issues, DNS, Traffic routing (connectivity between your store host and the payment service provider's network) etc.

My advice would be to place a test order, ensure that your store is configured and working correctly and keep an eye on the temp order tool.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:03 PM

Thanks for the reply - not sure I know what the temp order tool is?
Please can you explain?

I've tried to do a test by putting up something on the site to buy - paypal won't accept me because I'm the seller!! Will ask a friend who has an account to try.

But I noticed as I was being transferred to paypal it came up with the words "1 order through Extinct Design Vintage" and not the name of what they were buying?

Today I have signed up for paypal pro, won't be able to intergate for a couple and would like to suss out what is happening to the orders?